Tuesday 15 March 2016

Hey dear, don't despair! You'll also get married.


Life is not fair! That is one common cliche from many people today.  But I think this is a subjective cliche as I'm yet to find it in the Bible.  People use this cliche because of their perception of life based on their experiences or observations.  

One of such observations or experiences that compels christians to use such unscriptural by-lines is marital issues.  This post is actually meant to encourage single christians, especially those who think they should be married but are not.  

It grieves my heart to see or hear of christian sisters approaching their menopausal ages but yet, are unmarried.  They may not say it, but they are grieving quietly particularly when most of their friends have had their kids and some have even decided to stop bearing children.  It is at such a time that many christians begin to give up their cherished values that they have nutured over the years like chastity, sex after marriage, refusal to be unequally yoked with unbelievers, etc. I've even seen christians say things like, "I don't care if he is born again or not", "I don't mind sex with him if that would make him marry me" and all what not!  

Trying to encourage some matured single christians most times is difficult.  I personally share in their grief.  However, I am convinced that they will certainly get married.  I am convinced that God is not silent on their matter.  I am convinced that all things work together for their good.  I am convinced that, though, time seems to be ebbing out, yet, God that dwells in time and eternity is not limited by the constraints of time.  I have strong convictions for every true child of God irrespective of the opinion society holds against that.  

Christians must be open.  No matter the disappointments, delays and denials in the past.  Don't be cynical, don't look down at anybody.  Your future spouse may just have been around you all these while, but you could be too immersed in the past that you find it difficult to see what God has in stock for you.  

Cheer up darling.  Your life is a living testimony.  Make sure you share it on this blog when it eventually happens! 

1 comment: